The Interdisciplinary Weeks at the Fachhochschule Kiel mark the half of the semester. With exam season therefore approaching slowly but surely, students might get continuously more stressed. Nothing is more in focus than reviewing lectures and practicing with old exams. Other activities are easily neglected – such as meeting friends, having a day off or even cooking.
A negative side effect: grumbling stomachs during study sessions. However, to fully focus on study material a nourished brain is just as important as memorising flashcards.
With this egg toast recipe, stressed students have a fast and tasty meal, which has Instagram-worthy looks.
- 2 slices of toast (or 1 thick one)
- 1 Egg
- Some Mayonnaise (ideally in a tube)
Furthermore, you will need an oven and a spoon to for this recipe.
1. Preheat the oven at 200 degree celcius.
2. Prepare the egg toast! Place the two slices of toast on top of each other. Use a spoon to press down the middle of the toast to create a squared mold for the egg. Spread the mayonnaise around the edges of your toast. Finally, crack an egg open and place it in the middle of the toast mold. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on the egg toast.
3. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the toast is golden brown and the egg cooked.
Variations: Cheese and Bacon lovers can additionally put shredded cheese or bacon on top of the egg toast. If two bread slices are used, these additions can easily be put in between these as well.
The egg toast can be eaten as it is, but makes a great addition to a fresh salat, too.
You can also check out the recipe in the video below: