We have all experienced being overcome with a severe craving for cakes and chocolates, only to find our cupboards empty. The fridge has nothing either, just a few fruits and sad vegetables sitting around. If only it were possible to make a cake in less than five minutes… Well, it is possible, and very easy as well! Stick around and you’ll have a delicious chocolate mug cake in your hand in less than five minutes at the end of this article.
Mug cake recipe
You might be a little hesitant to make this cake, but you really don’t need to worry. Most of the ingredients should be readily available in your home. All you really need is a mug, a tablespoon, and a microwave to bake the cake. No need for any fancy stuff around here! This recipe is very budget- and student friendly, and your best excuse for not making this cake would be that you don’t own a mug. This mug cake is the perfect solution for busy students with packed schedules who do not have time to bake a cake from scratch.
Tools: A microwave, microwave safe mug, and a tablespoon
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes (can vary)
Total time: 5 minutes
Servings: One mug for one person
- 7 tablespoons of milk (any kind)
- 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Oil (any kind)
- A pinch of vanilla powder (optional)
- A pinch of baking powder
- (Optional) A few pieces of chocolate
- Start out by mixing all of the ingredients in a microwave safe mug. Your mixture should be on the thicker side, and not too runny. If it’s too hard to mix, add a little bit of milk until everything is smoothly combined.
- Optionally, you can add some chocolate chunks or anything else you like in your cake.
- Place the mug in the microwave and bake the mug cake at the highest setting (700W) for 1 minute. If the cake is still a little runny, continue baking for 10 seconds at a time until the top is more dense.
- Once it’s done baking, you’re finished. Enjoy!
And there you have it! A simple, quick, and easy chocolate cake in less than 5 minutes.