Ever feel like not being able to spend much time preparing your meal? Then you should give this yummy pasta creation a try. Not only is it a one-pot recipe, it is also very easy, quick to cook and vegan. The only effort you need to make is to cut some cherry tomatoes – but you could even use whole ones.
The sauce for this pasta recipe is hummus mixed with a little bit of olive oil. Of course, you could also make your own hummus (out of tahin, chickpeas, lemon, cumin and oil) but you might as well just buy one in the grocery store. By the way, hummus is very healthy. It is high in protein which is important for growth and immune function. Hummus also contains a lot of fiber which is good for digestion and promotes healthy gut bacteria.
Another ingredient in this recipe is spinach. One might already tell by its look how healthy it is. Spinach is a great source of various vitamins, as well as minerals. For example, iron helps with the body’s oxygen supply, calcium is essential for bone health and magnesium is good for your bones, muscles and nerves.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 200g fresh baby spinach
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 250g hummus
- olive oil
- 500g pasta
- Bring water in a pot to boil. Then give the pasta into the pot for a maximum of 10 minutes (so they are not through yet).
- Drain the pasta but save one cup of the hot pasta water.
- Add the hummus, the garlic and a dash of olive oil to the ‘dry’ pasta.
- Add the cup of water, the spinach and the tomatoes into the pot. Those vegetables don’t need long to be cooked. Don’t forget to stir everything up until it’s nice and creamy.
- Finish it up with some salt and pepper to taste. Done!
To try out the other recipes of the one-pot-pasta series have a look here.