This one-pot recipe is hearty, vegetarian and pretty simple to cook. For this dish you will make out of a traditional Spaghetti Cabornara a new Carbonara, without any meat in it. To make it taste more fresh I also added some arugula.
Arugula contains a lot of vitamins, such as vitamin C. This boosts the body’s immune system and eliminates dangerous free radicals that can cause diseases. It is also rich in vitamin K. That promotes bone health and formation. To replace the meat I used sun dried tomatoes. They contain many antioxidants, calcium, magnesium and other minerals.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 4 eggs
- 80g sun dried tomatoes
- 100g arugula
- 50g parmesan
- 100ml milk (or plant-based milk)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp olive oil
- some pine nuts
- salt & pepper
- 300g pasta
- Bring 800ml of water to boil. In the meanwhile, cut the garlic in small pieces. Roast the as many pine nuts as you like in a big pot but be careful not to use any oil! Once they shine gold-brownish fill them in a bowl and put them aside.
- Now put the oil in the pot and fry the garlic until it’s glazed. Add the boiled water, the pasta and some salt. With the lid on, let it cook for about five minutes on medium heat.
- While waiting, cut the sun dried tomatoes and then add them to the pasta. Wait for another 6 minutes.
- Grind the parmesan and add it to the pot. Also add thhe milk and the eggs and stir everything evenly.
- In the end, add some of the arugula to the pasta, as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- That’s it! Serve the “Carbonara Vegetariana” with more arugula and lots of pine nuts on top.
Are you hungry enough to make more one-pot-pasta recipes like this one?
Find more One Pot recipes on FHEWS: