As a student there are a lot of things that can go through your mind on a daily basis. There isn’t really a strict separation between university and free time which can sometimes lead to feeling overwhelmed while doing nothing. One thing that can make people feel even more stressed is the daily question of what to eat, cook or even buy in the grocery store. To bring some light into the dark and help you with your meal selection, this article will introduce you to three of the many cooking apps. These are the ones that I personally like most and I think they might give you some inspiration and make your cooking feel great again.
The free cooking App KptnCook lives by the motto: Quick, easy & healthy. In the App you can note down what kind of recipes you are searching for (i.e. vegetarian). There are three main things that make cooking really quick, easy and fun with KptnCook.
- 30-minute-recipes: Discover 3 new recipes a day. Every recipe can be made in about 30 minutes. If you like one of the recipes you can mark them with a like button and the recipe will be saved in your list of favorites.
- Shopping list: Find all ingredients at your local supermarket. Kptn Cook provides you with a shopping list. You can just tap the ingredient in the recipe, and it will automatically be put in your shopping list in the App.
- Cooking instructions: Cook easily and healthily. When you decide to cook one of the recipes, the app provides you with cooking instructions. Thanks to the step-by-step instructions there can hardly go anything wrong and in less than 30 minutes you have your finished meal.
The App ChefTap is a recipe organizer as well as a grocery list app. There is a free version with the features explained below as well as a Pro version which costs 19,99$/year with some more features. The main benefits from the free version of the App are:
- All in One Place. With ChefTap you can put all the different recipes that you find online in one place. Just grab any recipe from a website or a blog and put it into the app. You can use it online and offline as well.
- Personalize. Besides adding recipes or creating your own recipes, you can also personalize them. You can change steps, upload pictures and make every recipe your own.
- Helps in the Kitchen. The app offers a Kitchen-friendly recipe display. That means that you can view ingredients and steps side-by-side or easily switch between multiple recipes. You can also track your cooking progress (for example highlighting something or crossing ingredients off the list).
Tasty is well known for its popular Facebook and Instagram videos, where quick and easy recipes are shared. But the App offers more than videos for entertainment:
- Recipes. Tasty offers you over 4000 recipes you can search through and find what suits you the best.
- Instruction mode. It has a Step-By-Step instruction mode with little videos where you can see how to do each step.
- Cookbook. You can save recipes you like at ‘My Recipes’ which serves you as your very own mobile cookbook.
- Search tool. Tasty has a search tool that allows you to filter by ingredients so you can use those extra carrots that you might still have left.
In the end of the day, it doesn’t matter which app you decide to use. Important is, that we use this time at home to start cooking, so we start loving and appreciating good food again.
For even more inspiration you can go to apps like Allrecipes, Cookpad, Yummly, Kitchen Stories or even Pinterest.